So, you bought Store Returns or Liquidations and found a garment with a hole. Here's what to do!
There are only three ways to fix a hole:
1. Sew it
2. Hide it
3. Add More - AKA "Destroyed Look"
So now that you know what the three options are, let's discuss each.
This is probably pretty self explanatory. If you don't know much about sewing you can either try to lean (YouTube is AMAZING for this!) or you can bring it to someone who knows how to sew or you can pick a different option from the list. I don't want to put a bunch of YouTube sewing videos into this listing, but you can easily visit YouTube.com and search for "How to Fix Hole in (whatever it is)" and you will find TONS of helpful ideas.
This is way more up my alley, lol! There's a lot of ways to hide a hole, depending HOW big it is, WHERE it is located and WHAT is is on. Holes on jeans are usually simple, unless they're in the crotch. Holes on shirts are also pretty easy unless they're in an armpit.
So, let's look at a few ideas to hide it. You'll obviously have to use your own judgement based on HOW, WHERE and WHAT.
Sew-On Patches 50 Patches for under $13!!
Iron On Patches - Tons to Choose From and lots of sizes too:
$17 for all:
$13 for all:
This two-pack of detailed floral iron-ons is under $6 and looks really friggin nice:
There's also cut-to-size patches that can look really cool depending where you put them. Remember, you can also put a 2nd patch somewhere that does NOT have a hole. You don't only need to embellish holes!
Then there's iron-on and sew-on embellishments that are not patches. I think we can all agree these are totally fab! These only cost around $8 each!:
There are also sew-ons for center-designs:
Sew-On Gems are another cool option:
50 Pieces only $7.99 (or less!)
I love these!!! You get 80 for under $9!!:
For a retro / hippy / girly look, grab a big bag of 100 Crochet Flowers for under $11!
Glue-On or HotFix Embellishments are equally fantastic for covering small areas:
Regardless of what products you buy, you should also pick up a great quality fabric glue and a wonderful assorted-color, complete sewing kit.
Fabri-Tac is fantastic. Even though Aleenes is cheaper, it is NOT a good quality. Fabri-Tac is about $10 but it's a really great quality fabric glue.
This $12 sewing kit is the best out there because it gives you every color of thread plus everything you can think of:
The last option is to "Destroy" it by adding more holes / slashes. You cab also combine patches and/or embellishments with the destroyed look.
There's lots of YouTube tutorials that show you how to "destroy" apparel.
Depending where your hole is, you can also do "Twists" (I think these are so awesome!):
If you want to see more badass designs, do a Google Image Search for "Destroyed Tank Top" or "Twisted Back Tank Top"
LOVE THIS ARTICLE? check out our other Amazon & eCommerce detailed guides:
- What is Best to Sell Online? How to Pick Inventory for Your Internet Store
- Complete Guide to Amazon Ungating for Beginners
- How Wholesale, Liquidations and Store Returns Work: How We Get Our Inventory
- Top 5 Reasons You Aren't Getting Ungated on Amazon
- How to Shelve and Store Your Inventory! Complete Guide
- 20+ Mens Items that SHIP CHEAP (First Class)
- Amazon Ungating Checklist
- What is a Purchase Order & How to Get One
- Check out our Free Amazon Ungating Terminology Dictionary!
- What is a BOL and How to Find Yours
- What is a PRO Number and How to Find Yours
- How to Get a Resellers Permit / Resale Certificate
- What is an EIN and How to Get One
- What is an LLC and How to Get One
- How to Create an Awesome Company Logo FAST and FREE
- Help! My Inventory is Priced Super Low and Still Isn't Selling!
- Before You Sign a Commercial WAREHOUSE Lease Read these Secrets! 5 Things Nobody Ever Tells You!
- Learn About Our Invoices
- HELP! I Missed USPS Delivery! How Can I Get My Parcel?!
- Download our Contract Terms Document for Free: https://bigbrandwholesale.com/faq/questions-about-invoices/terms-download-document/?ctk=1296275b-acaa-4553-9425-750ba3dd68b2
- Or, TOUR OUR WAREHOUSE https://bigbrandwholesale.com/about-our-warehouse/
Where to Next? Popular Topics: